The Tufts Hemispheres Undergraduate Journal of International Relations is proud to announce its 45th edition, 2022 Issue: CRISIS OF AUTHORITY
We welcome and encourage a broad interpretation of the theme. Potential research topics may include, but are not limited to:Great power competition, populism, international liberal order, elections, contested elections, international organizations and institutions, protest movements, gender issues, clash of cultures, refugees, migrations, globalization, authoritarianism, democracy movements, pandemic response, fall of Afghanistan, misinformation, climate change, natural disasters, financial turbulence, corruption, human rights, freedom of speech, genocide, civil war, technological development, cybersecurity, and more.
OUR SUBMISSION DEADLINE WILL BE
February 1st, 2022
Papers will be evaluated through a double-blind review process based upon sound analysis, originality of argument, and novelty of research. This prevents any bias based on an author’s school, gender, name, etc. Prospective authors are encouraged to consult previous issues of Hemispheres on our website for examples of quality submissions. Below are the general submission guidelines.
Please email all submissions to email@example.com (with “Article Submission – [YOUR NAME]” in the subject line), and ensure that the submission checklist has been followed.
- Between 5,000 and 8,000 words including abstract. Longer submissions may be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Use your university email to submit your paper. This helps us verify your enrollment and affiliation with your undergraduate institution.
- All papers must be submitted in .doc or .docx form. PDF files will not be accepted.
- Work must have been completed during undergraduate study. If you have graduated from your undergraduate program but wish to submit work completed during your time as an undergrad, you are welcome to submit to us up until one year after your date of graduation.
- You cannot submit an already published paper or a paper that has already been submitted to a journal for possible publication.
- Citations should be structured according to the Chicago Manual of Style, with references as endnotes as opposed to footnotes. Submissions lacking full citations will not be accepted.
- Must be in accordance with the highest standards of writing and research. Quotations and excerpts must be completed within the limitations of fair-use.
- Place name, email, telephone number, and affiliated institution on front cover page.
Any person submitting an article or photograph for publication in Hemispheres retains copyright in such article or photograph. However, the author is deemed to have granted a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to Hemispheres and Tufts University to edit and publish the article or photograph in Hemispheres (in print and electronic formats, including on the Hemispheres and Tufts Digital Library websites) and to allow others to link to or republish any issue of Hemispheres which may include the article or photograph.
If you would like to submit an article, pleas email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use “Article Submission- (NAME)” as the subject line.